Saturday 28 September 2013

Trolollies

I thought I'd share an anecdote from my life today...

Trolley Tracker is a company that works on behalf of a few supermarkets and department stores that have trolleys customers can use that works with the public to ensure that any trolleys that are ditched are collected. You enter the details of the trolley into the smart phone app and someone from the company collects the trolley. Every trolley that they pick up by using the information you provide equals an entry into a monthly draw to win one of five, thousand dollar vouchers.

There is a Woolworths directly across the road from the street my boyfriend and I live on, so consequently people cart their groceries back to their home and then ditch the trolley. Every single day there are three or four new trolleys polluting the street. At first I didn't know that there was a potential prize to be won, I did it simply because I was getting sick of moving trollies out of the way as I walked to the train station every morning but then once I found out I started logging every trolley I saw.


Monday morning I received a phone call from someone at Trolley Tracker telling my that I was one of the five national winners for the month of August and if I could get myself to the Wollies on Saturday morning to pick up my $1000 Woolworths wish gift card prize! What kind of luck is that?! Wonderful luck!

I went over this morning and sufficiently embarrassed myself as I had to get a photo taken of the store manager giving me the gift vouchers so that management knew that I came to pick the vouchers up again. Super super awkward!

But through that pain, I now have $500 to spend at Dan Murpheys, Woolworths petrol stations and Big W as well as $500 to spend on our groceries at Woolworths.

When I told my boyfriend, he laughed so hard! He had began to nickname me the trolley Nazi because of all the trollies I was logging. But it sure paid off!

I highly recommend you log a trolley or two whenever you remember. It could win you a few weeks of groceries! You can check it out here.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment